Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Coffee Chiffon


I HAD to make this one for the bake-through because it was coffee flavoured and I love the flavour of coffee. I don't drink coffee but I love it in desserts and cakes. I didn't however make the dulce de leche whipped cream. I made it in a regular angel food cake pan.

Mise en place and reading the recipe a few times is my religion when I bake. This time though it didn't work. First I added all the sugar to the flour instead of saving two teaspoons for the egg whites. Fortunately, my superfine sugar had a few lumps in it and I was able to remove two teaspoons. Then I made the syrup and totally forgot to add the Kahlua. I realized this only after I had syruped the cake. Oh well! The cake tasted out of this world and that's all that mattered in the end. It was light and so soft. I'll definitely make this cake again and again and again :)

Finally, I was able to upload the picture. Food styling courtesy of my two daughters :)

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get your photos to upload Rozanne.

    :)
    ButterYum
    PS - I don't drink coffee, but love the flavor too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks perfect, Rozanne! I really want to make this cake soon, it sounds so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughters did wonderful cake styling! Your cake looks great. I tell ya, the whipped cream that went on this cake was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just looks so divine! I want to make it next. After the Trifle.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails